IN TRYING by elijah peter from his free e-book of poem collection

IN TRYING

In trying to be,
I became.
And with a little more effort,
I could have done better.
Than the mistakes which hurdle my path.

In trying to find love,
I found deceit.
A lover skilled in the mask of kindness.
Waiting until vanity dreams were shown.
And his colour the mold reveal,
I wish that I was taught how to love like a man,
So that all the broken hearts I would mend.

In trying to be better,
I met myself,
Raw, uncaged, destructive man
Filled with callous lust, fueled by delusions.
Judging my growth by the standard of jokers.
Leader of murderers the hate in  my heart,
The colour of everything I despise,
Till I found out everything I hated was me.

In trying to be a believer,
I failed the truth.
By always trying to understand its way through my faulty eyes.
Dangerous perception, designed to augment savage,
Reckless ideology, bending reality
Words suited to mask incompetence.
But futility reprimands cowardice,
There is but one standard of truth.

In trying to live,
I saw the line of death.
Cold as darkness, glancing over our strife,
Whilst in dying, living became bigger.
But while living, death was vigor.
Spur of ambition,
The enemy of wealth.
Till crippled by living men fueled their suicidal threat.
Every man lives on the brink of life and death,
The suicide comes with the strength of the voices in your head.

In trying to be,
We sometimes become.
What darkness and light decide in our heart.
Summer of kindness, winter of desire,
Fall of envy and spring of revenge,
Different sounds of the same voice.
Each beckoning the weight of our soul,
Till peril sometimes sleeps in silence,
And we awake to see that we can always try.
And in trying to be,
We may become.


What are you trying to be?


you can download the e-bookhere

Comments